Reply To: FileVoyager as Default File Manager

Home Forums Feature requests FileVoyager as Default File Manager Reply To: FileVoyager as Default File Manager

Hi Charles,

While I may not be able to address the root cause of your problem, I do have a workaround to suggest. Have you heard of AutoHotkey? This application allows you to automate complex tasks using keyboard combinations.
I tested overriding the Win+E pair with AutoHotkey and it worked like a charm on my machine. If you’d like to give it a try, here are the steps:
  1. Go to https://www.autohotkey.com and download the V2.0 (don’t search it on google because some fake ones are better referenced)
  2. Install the software and it will start up on the Dash
  3. Select “New script”, give it a name, optionally select “Minimal for v2”, and click “Create” (by default, the file will be saves in your Document folder in an AutoHotkey subfolder)
    image.png
  4. Open the .ahk file from the folder mentioned above in your preferredĀ file editor (notepad, notepad++, PSPad, SublimeText, …)
  5. add the following line after the default one (if any):
    #e::run “C:\Program Files (x86)\FileVoyager\FileVoyager.exe”
    (Note: the command between quotes is here pointing to FileVoyager, but you can choose any program you want and add command-line parameters as well)
  6. Save the file, but keep it open in your editor so that you can quickly make changes if necessary.
    (Note: each time you make changes to the file, you must save it and double-click it from your preferred file manager to apply the changes. AutoHotkey will ask you if you want to override – accept this.

Comments are closed.