How to achieve that FileVoyager always starts with C:\ on left and D:\ on right?

Home Forums General discussions How to achieve that FileVoyager always starts with C:\ on left and D:\ on right?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gerhard Hofmann
    Participant

Hi,

it is in principle a good idea that FileVoyager on startup shows the directories in left and right pane that we’re used when using FileVoyager the last time.

But if using the same notebook in different environments this can be a problem.

Example: I have used file share \\private_nas\myfiles in the home office and when being in company again FileVoyager will take a long time to start and then show errors about the network share not being available any more.

Is there a way to tell FileVoyager always to start with local drive C:\ on left pane and local drive D:\ on right pane?

TIA
    Gerhard Hofmann

Hi Gerhard,

There’s an undocumented (yet) feature that allows you to do exactly what you want.
    It implies you edit the FileVoyager.ini file.

Hint: If you are using the Portable version, FileVoyager.ini file is in the FileVoyager\ini folder.

In the ini, spot the section [LeftPane] and adapt the following keys so they have the values below:
    AllwaysSameDirLV1=0 (previously -1)
    AllwaysDirLV1=c:\ (previously empty)

Do the same in [RightPane] (here the keys are suffixed with ‘2’):
    AllwaysSameDirLV2=0 (previously -1)
    AllwaysDirLV2=d:\ (previously empty)

I’ve tested it right now and it’s still working 😉

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards

Gerhard Hofmann
    Participant

Hi,
    tweaking the INI file like you described solved the problem, thanks a lot.
    Two more hints for others who might read this:
    – folder with the FileVoyager.ini is %appdata%\FileVoyager\Ini
    – be sure FileVoyager is not running when editing the INI
    Regards
    Gerhard

SwissCharles
    Participant

Thanks Keymaster for the solution and Gerhard for the tips – and the question 😉.

That’s exactly what I was looking for!

Regards

Charles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.